Athletics Waikato Bay of Plenty selection criteria for NZ Track & Field Champs 2022
Important information from the Track & Field Selectors
Your age as at the 31st December 2022 is the grade you compete in for the ANZ Championships.
ENTRIES FOR THE ANZ TRACK AND FIELD NATIONAL CHAMPS MUST be completed by the individual athletes, via the Athletics NZ website.
At the same time, those wishing to be part of the Centre team should refer to the Athletics New Zealand Entry Standards as these will be the criteria used to select the Centre team. Access standards here
Those athletes not selected in the Centre team compete for their club and do so in their club uniform.
- Athletes must achieve the entry standards from 1 January 2022 to 1 March 2022 inclusive.
- Wind-assisted and hand-timed performances will not be considered.
- Athletes must compete regularly at Athletics Waikato-Bay of Plenty (AWBoP) meets during the season, unless prior approval has been received.
- Selectors are able to include athletes who have not reached the standard at their discretion.
- Selected athletes must make themselves available for AWBoP relay teams.
- Athletes not selected in the AWBoP team can still enter the NZ Champs as individuals. These athletes will simply be representing their Club.
For the 2021-2022 season, we are now offering athlete subsides to the New Zealand Track and Field Championships of $50 each. These will be paid to athletes selected for the Waikato-Bay of Plenty team for the event in Hastings between 4th and 6th March 2022. The subsidy will only be paid to athletes who have also entered the Waikato-Bay of Plenty Championships on 12th and 13th February 2022 or those who give prior notice that they are unavailable to compete in the Waikato-Bay of Plenty Championships.
Track and Field Selectors – John Tylen, Murray Green, Brett Addison