The Following coaches are active in our region and are happy to be approached by athletes:
- Craig Kirkwood – Tauranga based, Middle and Long Distance running, more details can be found here
- Kim Stevenson – Based in Rotorua, email email@example.com Phone: 02108222590
- Murray Green – Based at the Te Awamutu Athletics Club, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ange Russek – Based at St.Peter’s School, Cambridge, email email@example.com
- Mike Riley – Based in Hamilton, specialises in Middle and Long Distance running,
- Val Bromley – Tauranga based, Sprints, Hurdles, Jumps, Throws and Multi Event, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Caroline Heathorn – Omokoroa Based, specialises in distance running. More details can be found here
Coach Education & Development
Clubs in the AWBoP region are building an excellent base of coaches and this is reflected in the very good results achieved by school, club and centre teams last season at National Championships, and at North Island and regional competitions. Thank you to all those volunteer coaches who are sharing their time and knowledge with both young and old in our centre to make sure that progress continues to be made.
Athletics NZ Coach Education
The Athletics New Zealand Coaching Programme has a number of elements and options available for people who wish to start coaching and for those who wish to improve their skills and coaching qualifications.
An outline of the Coach Education process is available on the Athletics New Zealand Website
Run Jump Throw Athletics
These courses are the first step in the Athletics New Zealand Coach Education programme. They have become very popular for primary and intermediate schools and children’s athletic clubs. The course emphasises teaching of basic athletic skills to children. Run Jump Throw is a 2-hour introductory course, while FAST (Fundamental Athlete Skill Teaching) is more comprehensive 6 hour course. Both courses will be presented on demand for clubs provided that there are 8 participants.
For general enquiries about the Bay of Plenty area, contact Kerry Hill who is with CoachForce (part of Sport Bay of Plenty) – email@example.com
For general enquiries in the Waikato region, contact our Waikato Athletics Devlopement Advisor, Louise Young – firstname.lastname@example.org